Serial Experiments Lain: E1-2



Review: 
This weekend, I watched Serial Experiments Lain. This anime is very famous and pretty old. It is psychologically stimulating and presents the internet and technology in a haunting way. I watched the first two episodes this weekend, and I am already hooked (and kind of confused). The art style of the show is very interesting and unnerving. It's hard to tell after only two episodes what the plot will be, but it seems like this show will explore the hidden world of the internet as well as the main character's psyche. 

Outcomes: I was able to read a lot of the hiragana and katakana when it was written on the screen. I recognized words like friend, good morning, last night, very, and more. I even recognized the kanji for a person. I think I may be getting slightly faster at reading in Japanese and being able to understand some words or phrases based on context. 


Comments